Ok, cheesy – but I couldn’t resist! So Brandi’s shoot is finally done! Yay! And instead of giving you some whole essay about the intrinsic nature of the shoot (honestly, if I wanted to be a professional writer, I would have been), let me just summarize with some of the highlights from our day!
1. Every day should be a Melanie-Day. We were joined by the amazing Melanie Pace and her styling assistant, Meagan.
2. Owning a fancy camera does not a photographer make. Also, when you tell me you “won’t keep me” when stopping me in the middle of my shoot – stop asking me questions.
3. When shooting with a local weatherman (i.e. Jim Van Fleet), be sure to watch him do the weather to know if it’s supposed to rain. He won’t warn you otherwise. (He does the weather on Orlando FOX35, and he’s also a country music star!)
4. Brandi can certainly rock out a shoot – and can throw in a “popped shoulder” at a moment’s notice!
5. Jim can play the guitar. Melanie cannot. (Also, Jim is a lot taller than he looks on Facebook, fyi).
6. October 28 is still sweltering hot in Florida. The chickens were not happy.
If you couldn’t tell, we all had a blast working together – and I think it totally shows in the photos!
This is another one of my favorites! I love the purple :)
I usually throw in some editing, but this shot below is straight from the camera, and I loved the soft light and colors that came from it. So I left it – completely unedited :)
And…. back to the color editing :)
Look – here’s the deal; the most Country music I know is by Garth Brooks or Carrie Underwood. But can we take a quick second and talk about a tall guy with dimples that can wear a hat and jeans like this? Maybe I should like Country a little more…