10 Details to Make Your Wedding Photos Perfect
We’ve compiled a list of ten must-haves that will make your wedding photos the best they can be! As the years go on, you’ll want to look back at your album and not only see shots of you and your people, but also the magical details that made the day truly yours. These are items you will probably need with you anyways, and that I happen to love photographing! They are categorized here by “Styled” and “Sentimental”.
1. The Mrs. Box – This company makes customizable ring boxes in over 40 different colors and multiple sizes. Talk about making it personal! They offer optional monograms in different foil colors. A ring box can make your photos pop.
2. Tono & Co – These dreamy, hand-dyed textiles are perfect for styling. Tono & Co makes high quality ribbon, silk, and other fabrics that will give your photos even more character.
3. Loose Florals – I love using loose florals when styling invitations. Pick up a few extra blooms that are like the ones in your bouquet or on the tables to have behind-the-scenes for styling.
4. Invitation Suite – Of course we shoot your wedding invitations, but we also suggest you include things like envelopes, bridal shower invites, menus, seating cards and more! Hint – mail 2 full copies of your invites to your photographer for styling and shooting before or after the wedding day.
5. Veil or Extra Lace – A veil (or lace) is a great resource for us to shoot your details, shoes and jewelry! It softens anything below it and adds a touch of delicate design to any photo.
1. Perfume – I believe scent creates nostalgia. I recommend choosing a perfume with a sent you’ve never worn before. Then, only wear it again on special occasions. It will take you right back to your wedding day! This goes for the men, too! Pick a classic cologne that you can wear on anniversaries to remind you of your wedding day!
2. Lipstick – One of my favorite “souvenirs” is to purchase a lipstick at every new place I travel to. They become very sentimental for that reason. I usually select names or colors that remind me of that place. For instance, I got a stunning MAC Red when I was in Paris, and the MAC Limited Edition Giambattista Valli in ‘Eugenie’ when I was in Italy, and MAC ‘New York Apple’ when I went to NYC.
3. Special Notes or Letters – Maybe you have the first love note he ever wrote you. Maybe he keeps a special note in his wallet. Maybe he will deliver a card to you on your wedding day.
4. Heirloom Jewelry – Incorporating the heritage and history of your family into your wedding is worthy of photographs. Is there something special your family has passed down to you?
5. Handwritten Vows – If you two are writing your own vows, let us style them into the photos. You will hold onto them forever and seeing the photo of them from your wedding day will be special!